63 Interior Question

Guest 63 rivenge

Guest 63 rivenge

Did the 63 Riv at any time come with the wood grian on the consul and radio face plate as an option along with the door panels

Thanks

Guest bigoldv8

Door Panels = Yes, with Deluxe interior.

Console & dash = No, I believe all had black vinyl applied.

There are kits to put wood on everything and that is what we did on our 63, personal preference for my father. Our car had the deluxe interior so did have the wood grain on the door panels, but the console previously had the black vinyl inserts.

All '63's, custom or standard interior, came with the black vinyl on the faces of the console pieces all the way up to and including the radio surround piece. Only the custom interiors had the wood grain door panel pieces.

In '64, the custom interior added the wood grain to the console pieces. But, the '64 standard interior still maintained the black vinyl as was seen in all '63's. The '64 standard interior did not have the wood grain on the door panels either. The only difference between the standard 64 console and all 63 consoles is the placement of the heater controls, ash trays, and other switches. (and the casting of the diecast console piece - one piece in '63, two pieces in '64.)

'65's finally had wood grain on the console for both standard and custom interiors, but did not have the woodgrain panels on the doors in the standard interior cars, but just a small piece of wood that ran vertically.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

'65's finally had wood grain on the console for both standard and custom interiors, but did not have the woodgrain on the doors.

Ed

A nice summary Ed, but I think you meant to say there was no woodgrain on the doors of the standard interior '65 - the custom interior did have woodgrain on both the console and the doors... :)

Actually, now that I think about it the standard '65 interior did in fact have a small amount of woodgrain on the doors...

Edited by BadgerRivFan (see edit history)

Guest 63 rivenge

Thanks for your replies......yes the car has the wood grain on the door panels (deluxe interior) with only 44 K on the car, just undecided about the vinyl on the face I think the wood grain would set it off a little betterso we will see

Thanks again guys