SUPER BOWL, INDY, TODAY

smithbrother

I am so PROUD of our city/state.............. Indy is a SMALL TV market, yet we have the,INDY 500, NASCAR 400, MOTOR CYCLE RACE. COLTS, PACERS, LARGEST 5K RACE IN THE COUNTRY, LARGEST CHILDREN'S MUSEUM IN THE COUNTRY, BUTLER UNIVERSITY, INDIANA/PURDUE extension CAMPUS, and many other great events.

Four years ago we were awarded the 2012 Super Bowl, volunteers groups formed, Lilly provide over 8000 employes the day off with pay to plant thousands of plants/flower/trees along I-70. They closed the the highway for a day for safety. Church and other groups started knitting over 8000 Blue & White long scarves for all volunteers to wear. Yes, the city got behind this effort, and it has really paid off.

Today they announced that over 1,000.000 people have attended the events downtown over the past week. The police have stated that the crowds have been very friendly, and almost no issues. Families have been the largest group to attend all the happenings. If you haven't visited Indy, well our downtown is great, all events are within walking distance, and this has provided an excellent opportunity for so many to enjoy it all.

Well, anyway, we Indiana folks are proud. Hope you visit us soon.

Dale in Indy

P. S. My bride of 51 years knitted over 20 of the scarves, good girl Sharon.

Congrats on the great job you people did up there. Most of the TV stations in Louisville sent crews up there since it's less than two hours away and they had nothing but good things to report. Plus when the game itself comes down to the last play to determine the winner you know it was a great game. The only disappointment for me (and probably for you too) was that Peyton Manning and the Colts didn't become the first NFL team to play in a Super Bowl on their home field (and win of course). At least Peyton's younger brother and his team got the win which was fine with me since my two favorite teams are the Colts and whoever is playing New England that week. Hopefully Indy will be able to host additional Super Bowls in the future....

Thanks,

Over a million folks attended the downtown parties.

The NFL experience inside our convention center, (850,000 sq. ft,) broke the all time attendance record by 30%.

The simple fact that it all was downtown, covering just a few blocks really made it easy for all. The weather was so good too.

Dale in Indy