Hood Hangers for 27/28 DB Four Screen

juanatejeda

Does anyone know if there are Hangers (for the lack of a better term), for the 27/28 DB Four Screen hood. I have seen Fords with both sides of their engine compartment open, displaying both sides of their engines at the same time. Can you do that with DB's? I have looked at mine and don't really see how you do it.

Any help out there?

Juan, also having a '28 Model A I know what your talking about. The Ford catalogs have two types...Hood Prop Kit or Hood prop support spring set. Both use the two hood rods (on fords) to connect each type. Problem with DB is there is only one hood rod (rod from firewall to rad.). I bought the hood prop kit and will attempt to get it to work. Basically attach to hood rod and....there are two unused holes in my firewall that have no apparent purpose which if I insert and double nut 3" bolts (making rods) that would provide add'l attachment points.If I back up the cab side of the firewall nuts with plates or large washers it may provide enough support for the weight of the hood...not sure...we'll see. The other diff with DB hoods is that I think the two sides might hit each other before both sides are full up...Ford does not have that problem. DB put plated rivets on each side of the hood to protect paint when laid over on each other...guess never designed to be propped up? Bill

Edited by Texacola (see edit history)

Juan, also having a '28 Model A I know what your talking about. The Ford catalogs have two types...Hood Prop Kit or Hood prop support spring set. Both use the two hood rods (on fords) to connect each type. Problem with DB is there is only one hood rod (rod from firewall to rad.). I bought the hood prop kit and will attempt to get it to work. Basically attach to hood rod and....there are two unused holes in my firewall that have no apparent purpose which if I insert and double nut 3" bolts (making rods) that would provide add'l attachment points.If I back up the cab side of the firewall nuts with plates or large washers it may provide enough support for the weight of the hood...not sure...we'll see. The other diff with DB hoods is that I think the two sides might hit each other before both sides are full up...Ford does not have that problem. DB put plated rivets on each side of the hood to protect paint when laid over on each other...guess never designed to be propped up? Bill

Thanks for the info. I had never really thought about how they attached. Let me know if you are successful in your endeavors with adding the rods and post some pics if it works.