1937 Cord Phaeton Supercharged with '51 Cadillac running gear

Guest Hartfordland

Guest Hartfordland

Very interesting original Cord Supercharged Phaeton that was converted in the early 1950's to 1951 Cadillac V-8 running gear. Ford juice brakes. Totally original sheet metal and paint with newer interior. Runs and drives great. Priced very fairly at $70,000. john@theconcours.org

Pictures? Sounds like an interesting car.

I don't quite understand the Ford juice brakes, the Cords had hydraulic brakes to start with. Does that mean that the rear axle was changed to a Ford rear end, and the front end was changed to a Ford front end?

Looks like a sound car for sure. The engine turned dash panel appears to have been chromed at some point. Side mirrors aren't original of course, although they'd help in driving!

Was upholstery done to pattern in car shown, or back to original?

Good luck with sale....I particularly curious to what it brings, as my Cord phaeton is also unrestored, albeit with original running gear....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hartfordland

Hi Al. I hope you are doing well...long time no chat. I agree...it is really a neat piece and we had a bunch of debate. We ended up doing the interior ('cause the white looked awful), went through fuel, suspension and brakes and she runs great now. Going to a new home outside of Philly and I think they plan on keeping it as is.

Guest Hartfordland

Trima, I will pass along the information. If you are involved with the organizing of that great event 1) Congratulations!!! I love that weekend and 2) could you PM me your contact info and I will pass it along. Many thanks! John