Phila Buick Dealership

Guest 63 rivenge

Guest carlbraun

Hot Rod Magazine had a special section on old dealer emblems in one of their issues a while back...pretty cool.

Here in SoCal most of the dealers seemed to gravitate toward the license plate frames...ornate ones too. They are getting popular on ebay kust like the fancy dealer pot metal are. My favorite? Don Ayers Pontiac from my hometown of Ft Wayne IN. I also have a neat one from Borg Pontiac in Downers Grove, IL.

On my RIviera I have an original cast metal REYNOLDS BUICK license plate frame. THey were the big dealer in SoCal (and west coast) for racing Buicks. THey were in West Covina, CA and the original plate frames are pretty scarce. Someone on the Buick V8 forum was supposed to have been reproducing them.

anyone know about them?

Edited by carlbraun (see edit history)

Guest carlbraun
Hot Rod Magazine had a special section in one of their issues a while back...pretty cool.

Here in SoCal most of the dealers seemed to gravitate toward the license plate frames...ornate ones too. They are getting popular on ebay kust like the fancy dealer pot metal are. My favorite? Don Ayers Pontiac from my hometown of Ft Wayne IN. I also have a neat one from Borg Pontiac in Downers Grove, IL.

On my RIviera I have an original cast metal REYNOLDS BUICK license plate frame. THey were the big dealer in SoCal (and west coast) for racing Buicks. THey were in West Covina, CA and the original plate frames are pretty scarce. Someone on the Buick V8 forum was supposed to have been reproducing them.

anyone know about them?

...and for anyone wanting a kick ass Reynolds racing T shirt they are available here...pretty cool

Official Reynolds Buick Racing T-Shirt - '70 GS 455 Stage 2 | eBay

• 2 weeks later...

Corleto Buick was at 18th and Jackson Streets - that's South Philly, right off Passyunk Avenue. Dealer principal was (natch!) Fred Corleto, who was also active in Philadelphia politics. It was open from at least 1950 to 1973. Zone 3, code 151.

Guest 63 rivenge

Thanks for your replies....it must have been his son "Budd Corletto" who ran at the local drags here in the east coast, at Langhorne and Atco racway in 1963 he would run the nailhead with Hillbourne Injectors and held the track records along with a guy named Steve Kanuka...........anyway thanks for the Pic,........ my car did come from that dealership in South Philly, while Taking out the back seat, I found a mint JFK button, a Tony Taylor baseball tin (Played for the Phillies in 1964 )and a Schmidts Beer bar coaster......if only that back seat could talk