FOOTREST BRACKETS

Terry Wiegand

I am looking for the right and left hand foot rest brackets for my 1920 K-46. I got a complete foot rest from a friend last summer and promptly broke the casting on one end trying to get the old rusted bar out of it. The correct rest for this model is the flat board that is covered with the carpet material. I just need the end brackets - I can make the rest. Please help a serious Buick enthusiast.

Terry Wiegand

terrywiegand@prodigy.net

Phone - (620) 665-7672

• 4 weeks later...

ATTENTION FELLOW ENTHUSIASTS!! The scammers and BS artists are alive and well and using this site. About two days ago I got an email from a 'cooljimmypaul' saying he had exactly what I was looking for. I thought Yeah, Right. I replied to the email with a request for photos and a phone number - NOTHING. I'm just letting my fellow old cars friends know that it isn't completely safe out there. I have other friends out there who have had the same thing happen to them, so be careful.

Terry Wiegand

terrywiegand@prodigy.net

Terry:

Thanks for the reminder on this practice of scammers. It has lead to some dead ends for me. I also have been looking for a foot rest for my 1925-25.

One fellow said he had the exact one I needed when I went to see it (an afternoons drive). It was a brass hold down for a stair runner! Also the robe

rail he said was pretty close to what I needed. It was a towel bar!

Good luck on the 1920 K-46. And how is the 1916 D-45 doing?

Larry