my new 1940 olds

Guest 1940olds60

Guest 1940olds60

just picked up a 1940 olds 4 door sedan all complete few things here and there wasnt bad for $2200 the old owner had sitting in garage since the 1990s brand new white walls missing front outer grille was all broken in peices and radio ,minor rust on floor missing spark plug wires .just redid all the brakes then next will be interior

Edited by 1940olds60 (see edit history)

Guest 1940olds60

i will post a pic of the running board im not sure if someone made them or not ,the are huge and look kinda crude on the rounded parts next to fenders

• 1 month later...
Guest Kattosha

I have a series 60 4-door in the garage. Mine is all original, I will post pictures of the running boards. Those look like the original running boards, minus the original rubber, and I dont have the bolt on the end by the fender. If you want I can post pictures

I know 1941 is heavily collected but I like the way Oldsmobiles 'frenched' in the headlights in 1940. Not quite incorporated into the fender yet a semblence of the old, Very nice find for $2200 even if you need to chip away at things like the running boards for awhile.

Gee, $2200, the old car hobby is SO expensive to get into! :rolleyes: