BMW 325E === Your opinions

1937hd45

my turn... perhaps five years ago I bought a wrecked 1989 325i from the neighbor of a good friend. it had been involved in a off center head on collision that impacted the left front corner. didn't hurt the hood but did wipe out the end of the grill, the fender and the left front suspension, pushed the tire (which blew out) and rim into the floor clear to the brake and clutch pedals (at the top of their travel). long dent on the lower portion of the door and body just ahead of the rear tire opening. broke both left side rims. anyway... the car had been sitting for three years with a 3 inch gap between the top portion of the left door and the door opening due to the door frame and floor damage. needless to say.. i bought this car to harvest the engine and transmission. turned out that the left frame rail was straight...and the local junk yard had all the parts i needed and after using a 'come-a-long' to pull the floor and door frame out i got this car back on the road for a TOTAL of $200. and it drives GREAT! it is my favorite car to drive... and i have a blast in it! sure... it looks bad... the red paint has really serious 'clear coat' problems... but i am sold on old bmw's as a cheap GOOD car! btw: i am 6'3" and it's small...but i barely fit and the odometer stopped working at 183300 miles. (that was a few years ago.) and the a/c still works! sometimes i'll drive it down sunset blvd in hollywood and beverly hills and past ucla... IT IS A BLAST!

Edited by mrspeedyt
odometer (see edit history)