Great example of Original

Guest Kinmann

Guest Kinmann

My '63 was originally Burgandy. I'm not at home to look, but want to say code "NN"

In 1987 it was painted a lighter shade of burgandy....more towards red.

I'm wanting to see if someone has a car with the paint code of 1963 "NN" and can post a pic of it. I would be very appreciative. I've never seen an original 1963 Burgandy. I'm considering this shade, but have nothing to compare it to not ever seeing the original.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I don't have a Burgundy car, but have some pictures in my collection. The problems with any color, are fading of the colors and interpretation of the original color when repainting. Of course, lighting greatly affects the colors. I have many pictures running from what appears to be a red all the way to purple, but believe to be all burgundy originally. Many are re-paints, so its hard to say if those are original hue.

I'm attaching pictures of a car that I believe were taken long ago, so these may be a good representation.

Hopefully, this will help you.

post-65039-143138787342_thumb.jpg

post-65039-143138787344_thumb.jpg

Guest Kinmann

WOW!!! That's it! Man... Thank-you! When I scrolled down and seen the pic Of the Riv next to the funny car, I got the feeling inside! This forum and you guys are just what makes Riviera's that much more fun!

Thank-you!