1912 Delauany-Belleville Victoria

Guest '22 Brewster

Guest '22 Brewster

I noticed a postcard for sale on eBay. It pictures a 1912 Delauany-Belleville Victoria green in color. The post card may be from the seventies. It may also be the same car listed as a 1907 Del-Bel on the Glidden Tour in '64. It has a Brewster body. Does anyone know where that car is today?

God bless,

Frank

Guest '22 Brewster

Bob,

Thank you. I may have Beemer incorrect regarding the Glidden Car; it may have been an '09. On another subject, I have just made contact with the granddaughter of William Brewster who only lives fifteen miles from our home. I'll be visiting her on WED afternoon. I am fairly certain that she doesn't have any Brewster and Company journals, but she'll certainly be able to tell me her recollections of Willie. I'm going to drive the Brewster over and get her picture with the car.

Happy New Year to you.

God bless,

Frank

Knowing that people are looking for information is always helpful while going through old things. Yesterday I found a December 1950 issue of Antique Automobile, and flipped through it. There is a three page feature on the 1912 Brewster bodied Delaunay Belleville that Charles Bishop drove on the 1950 Glidden Tour! I'll made a good copy for you at the UPS store. Best wishes for 2012.......................my Model T is 100 years old now

Guest '22 Brewster

Congratulations on your Model T turning 100. I suspect that you know of the 100 year plaque available through HCCA. Thank you for the info on the 1912 Delaunay Belleville.

God bless, Frank

Guest cben09

Ed Roy made a new connecting rod for Charlie Bishops car wey back,around 1948 maybee,,was the new large format Bulb Horn publication,,,and wrote up the story of how he made the tubular rod with no runout,,Was a very informative article,,and the rod a work of art,,

Cheers,,Ben

Guest Bill Miller

There is a Delaunay-Belleville (this is the correct spelling) in the auto museum in Tupelo, MS. It's a gorgeous car but my recollection is that it's yellow in color with a tan leather interior and is in a tourer (phaeton, etc.) configuration. However, it's such an unusual car (I hate the word "rare" applied indiscriminately to automobiles but it truly is in that category) that I suspect most owners will have kept tabs on where the remaining examples are located. So I would contact the people in Tupelo if you are really interested in finding the specific example you are looking for. It's a marque that was purchased when new by royalty in Europe, including the Romanov family, so you might check with museums overseas as well.

Edited by Bill Miller (see edit history)