Correct spark plugs

Guest namvetschrysler

Guest namvetschrysler

G/day all,

In the Champion book i have it list's a number 7 as the correct spark plug for my 1930 Chrysler model 66, can't find any of those down here, so i wonder if any "66" owners know of the equivalents that will do the job correctly.

At the moment my Chrysler has Bosch M10A0 in it, will they do or is there a better one.

Also if anyone can advise where i can buy some in the US.

Thanks a lot

Have a good one and take care

George

Champ 7s are one of the more "universal" plugs and were used in a wide range of cars including the flathead Fords. They do show up on ebay often but prices are up because of the demand by the guys trying to find the right thing for their Fords. You'll have to pay some but should be able to find them if you're a bit patient. A good alternative plug is the C-7. The earlier ones for 1930s would be the two piece plug (removable insulator) with the brass "hat" on top of the insulator. Later one-piece plugs without the brass "hat" should be easier to find and could serve you well in a driver.

Terry

Guest 1929model75

I use the champion 3x in my model 75 an old Champion chart lists the c4 as the correct plug in my research that plug didn't go into production until around 1932 I know the c4 is the replacement for the 3x that is what I based my decision to use them on. Also they are readily available at any model A parts house.