Power antenna repair

Barney Eaton

Antenna repair<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<HR SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->I repair Reatta and any other GM power antenna from 1980 to present.

The problem is almost always the plastic line that raises and lowers the mast. If you mast will not move and the motor continues to run that is the problem.

Price to repair YOUR antenna is $60.00 including return shipment.

Email me at (Barney@texas.net) to get shipping address or answer questions.

If your antenna mast is up and cannot be easily pushed down, it can be removed by (1) remove the black plastic part at the base of the mast, it unscrews counter-clockwise. (2) pull the mast out of the part that comes thru the fender.......... see attached photo.

This allows you to remove the antenna from the car and the packaging is smaller.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>111228d1324477549t-antenna-repair-ant-stop.jpg

</FIELDSET>

• 2 months later...

Update.... just finished a '79 Firebird antenna that happens to be the same design but was never intended to have the cord replaced.

I also have just completed a 1968 Buick Riviera power antenna, so now have experience with the earlier designs. You antenna must be complete with straight mast, and I can replace the original plastic cord with steel wire rope that is plastic coated and should last forever.

Please contact me if you have any questions (Barney@texas.net)

• 3 weeks later...