Line-in Jack

RivNut

Rob,

Something similar, but it's for a Sirius Satellite Radio dock. I've tried those FM tuners before (one came with the Sirius radio) but there are too many radio station is our area that use the same or close frequency. I get too much bleed through from the FM broadcast. Also, if I find one station in my area where there's good reception, then as I travel, eventually some other station will be broadcasting on that frequency.

I can use the cassette player, but my wife wants me to put a factory AM/FM CD player in the car and if I do that, I'll lose the cassette feature. Just thinking ahead if I install the CD player. I've got the dash removed now and I'd just as soon not take that fascia off too many times. The more you take it off, the more of a chance you have of breaking it. Learned that from experience - :eek:

Ed

The cassette adapter (one comes with each car kit) is what I'm using with the dock in my daily driver* but I'll need a line-in jack if I go with the AM/FM Radio CD player.

I know of all the other options, I'm just looking for someone who can install a jack in a OE receiver.

Ed

*One nice thing about my JEEP Grand Cherokee - the radio come with both a mulitdisk CD player AND a cassette in the same head unit. Nothing remote. The radios are satellite ready, but the satellite receiver is mega bucks.:( It's also equipped with a headphone jack so back seat passengers can listen to a separate station using the same receiver.

Honestly Ed, I think your better off installing an aftermarket head unit. Most decent quality units these days have Ipod connectivity, audio input jacks, and the likes.

I have an Alpine DVD/Nav Double DIN head unit in my Ford F150 Supercrew that I installed last year, and I love it. It has great ipod integration, bluetooth, HD Radio, and XM-Sirius. It's also got an audio line in, as well as a USB jack. I've also got it hooked to an Alpine Audio processor, 2 power amps, component speakers/sub, and 2 rear headrest video monitors w/headphones for the kids.

I considered that but to keep the originality of the car I want to maintain the OE receiver. I'm updating all six speakers, and the Delco Cassette player has a built in amp and 5-band equalizer built in. For OE units, this has tremendous sound separation to the six speakers and the built in amp also acts as a crossover so the highs are high, and the bass is bass. I'll probably wind up doing what ever I can to convince Linda to keep the receiver that's in it now and we'll use the cassette player for the Sirius Radio part and she'll just have to listen to her music on her MP3 player. ;)