1941 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe

Matt Harwood

First off, I don't care what everyone says, I personally really like the color. It's the car's original hue, called Cimarron Green, and while it's a love-it-or-hate-it thing, it's proof that not all 1941 Cadillacs are black.

This appears to be a solid car that was restored some years ago, but still looks pretty good. There's no rust or damage on the body or undercarriage, and I can't find any significant signs that this was ever a rusty car. There are a few signs of age in the paint, and the rear fenders have been painted more recently since they're ever so slightly shinier than the rest of the car, but overall it presents very well. Chrome and stainless is good to very good, including the grille which shows no pitting and the bumpers which are excellent. The only real issue is the hood fit is a little off on the driver's side A-pillar area and the door has rubbed against it in the past, although it doesn't rub now.

The green leather interior looks newer than the paint, with the rear seat possibly being original. The woodgrained dash is outstanding, and all the gauges appear to have been rebuilt. And shockingly, this is perhaps the first car where EVERYTHING works: clock, radio, heater, power convertible top. There's also a matching tan canvas boot piped in matching green leather.

The engine bay is still in good condition and shows signs of having been driven, but the porcelain on the exhaust manifolds is still shiny, the olive green paint on the block cleans up nicely, and all the original components are in place. The only notable modification is an electric fuel pump.

It starts easily and drives extremely well. I have spent a good amount of time behind the wheel of this car and am quite impressed by how well it moves through traffic. Good power, and the Hydramatic offers crisp shifts with that distinctive mechanical feel that is unique to these early automatics. The ride is well controlled, brakes are rock solid, and it's simply a pleasure to drive. I can only hope my '41 Buick works as well as this car when it's complete.

A Full Classic that is understandably extremely popular with CCCA members who like to tour. If you like the color, you'll love the car.

Asking $59,900 and we're always open to reasonable offers.

post-31138-143138752061_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138752064_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138752066_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138752069_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138752071_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138752074_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138752077_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138752081_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138752085_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143138752088_thumb.jpg

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
Guest Water Jacket

Easy to see why this lovely survivor sold quickly. Always refreshing to see an old car in one of those all but forgotten, subtle, original colors lost in today's sea of Look At Me red, black, and the usual done to death hues. Tho' not a Cadillacker, and agree with someone on this site who quipped about the CCCA becoming the 1941 Cadillac Club of America, and preferring manual shift in a vintage or Classic car, it's

really nice to see an unmolested car looking as a well-tended upscale car would've looked in the day.

Thanks for posting this, and let's hope more restorers

get the message. In the bargain, the new owner got the taller 3.36:1 rear axle which came standard in Hydramatic 1941-47 Cads on the standard wheelbase, optional as the "economy rear axle" in standard shift '41s, which otherwise came only with a 3.77:1, less fun on today's highways.

Perhaps this'll start a new thread, in which members and visitors post pictures of their Classics painted in seldom seen original colors, and equipped as most Classics really were back then.