Jamco Suspension

RivNut

I'm sitting here watching a bunch of 7th graders practice their typing skills - or lack there of - and was thinking about having to replace the rear coil springs on my '64. I went to the Jamco site to see what all came in their "lowering kit." That looks promising.

As I was browsing their site, I came across a couple of items they offer that have been discussed here previously but I don't remember anyone mentioning Jamco as a source for these product.

One product is a complete 8" dual diaphram boost and master cylinder kit which they say is designed for the 63 - 66 Riviera Power Brake conversion.

Jamco Suspension - 63-66 BUICK RIVIERA POWER BRAKE CONVERSION Jamco Suspension, Your #1 Source for Hot Rod Brakes and Suspension!

The second product I found was a rear disk brake conversion for the 63 - 69 Rivieras.

Jamco Suspension - <b>Brakes</b> Rear Disc Brakes 63-69 RIVIERA REAR DISC BRAKE KIT Jamco Suspension, Your #1 Source for Hot Rod Brakes and Suspension!

My question is based on the fact that the entire rear axle assembly, with inspection cover, starting in '66 is different than the drop-out center section of the 63 - 65 rear axle. Here's my question for someone who knows. Are the bolt surfaces for the backing plates on both styles of axles the same? Would one kit work for both styles of axles?

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I got a break here at school and called Jamco. One of their technicians advised me that they cut the flange you need, depending you what year car you have, based on some measurements from a template they will provide for you.

So, the kit is not a bolt on as you see it. It's a bolt on after you return your measurements to them.

Ed