1931-32 Buick

Barney Eaton

Barney,

Thanks for the notice. I just gave up my subscription this past year, as I had mor emagizines then I could read, and had to make that choice rather then some of the others. Pricy but well written and worth it but I did not want to give up the others. Now I have to go find that issue.

John

Guest dockybuddy

Is there anyone out there that has plans, drawings, etc. for making runningboards for a '31 Buick 4 ddr. sedan. The space measures 50" long by 11 3/4" wide at both ends. I am told they are made of wood, but I don't know where to begin, except with 3/4" Marine plywood. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Dockybuddy

There are several knowledable 31-32 owners out there. Check the tech advisor list, Roger Fields is the 31 advisor and for 32 it is Willis Jenkins.

Mac Blair and Bueford Hall (30 advisor) are two that I know

Original running boards were made of Ash. I believe the outer edge is different on 31's and 32's. Matting was also different. I would think Mac Blair's plans for 32's would be a good guidline to follow. Find the edge trims and cut the ash boards to fit the space between the fenders. Cross bracing on the underside is also cut to fit the frame mounts angles and get the boards to the correct height.

Bob

On magazines, our AACA club members share their copies of the different magazines. There is little that is time sensitve. At each meeting there are magazines placed on the table for anyone to take. Beats having subscriptions for a bunch of mags. Get one that nobody else has and share it.

Bob