Fuel air pressure pump Cadillac

:) I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but it's ending on e Bay at 19:32 PST tonight. It's listed as a gas air primer and price is $75.00 with one bid so far. EBAY number is 170726558327. I found it under Marmon.

:) kaycee

:) Hi Johan,

I'm glad in a way that the item that was on eBay was'nt what you needed since I did'nt give you much time. If I see the item you need, I'll definately PM you.

:) kaycee

Your car is probably a model 314C. For the first two series of the design, the 314A and 314B, the generator was V-belt driven from the large diameter pulley on the front of the camshaft. There was room for the fuel pressure pump to be mounted at an angle underneath the generator. (Fan was on the front of the generator.) 314C was a revision of the engine design. The generator was driven by a chain down low on the RHS, and a single water pump on the same drive but out the front. So then there was room to drive the distributer up the front for arguably better access; and the fuel pressure pump was moved to the back in the V. My recollection of detail goes back to 1961, but I think the rear-mount pump had a small bronze conrod driven by an eccentric journal on the back of the camshaft. The finish and clearance of the piston in the cylinder was very fine (of the order half a thou).

There should be a little pressure relief valve mounted in the left chassis rail on the air line to the tank. When I first got my car running after rebuilding the engine

I did not have the correct pump. First thought was to make do with the pump on the gearbox, but it was not a very good idea, and I thought again in a fraction over 1 second. Fortunately I did not blow the fuel tank.

My personal opinion was that the 314 was the nicest of the early Cadillac V8s, and I still like it best. The Cadillac dealer in Melbourne in that era, a Mr Johnson, told me that one owner of a sedan kept fastidious record of the car, and over 60,000 miles it returned 16 miles per gallon (Imp).