Packard Hawk #586 For Sale on Ebay

Guest hausdok

Guest hausdok

If anyone is looking for a P.H. in original condition here it is. It's in Salem,IL. It's got 42,972 original miles on it, a spot of rust at the right-front quarter, some wrinkled mylar and the seats are showing their age. Otherwise, looks decent.

Owner listed it on ebay for a starting bid of at least $44,999. That's very high. NADA classic car pricing guide lists $11,150 low retail, $25,100 average retail and $44,600 high retail. Based on it's condition and the prices I've seen these sell for, I think this one should be a little higher than average retail.

After disassembling my own "relatively rust-free P.H." (dealers assertion, not mine), I'd bet there's a lot of hidden rust there that he's simply not aware of.

He's got some fanciful story about how it might be the actual last made even through it's number 586. That's not accurate; #587 was for sale in Hemmings two months ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Packard-Hawk-1958-Packard-Hawk-2-owners-Low-miles-All-Original-Collectors-test-drive-today-/220884481529?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item336dbdb5f9

Mike O'Handley

Kenmore, Washington

hausdok@msn.com

Edited by hausdok (see edit history)

According to the Collector Car Market Review Value Report:

1958 PACKARD HAWK 289-275hp (8cyl-SC) AT

#5 #4 #3 #2 #1

2dr Hardtop 3575 9150 16350 22900 32900

Add:

Air conditioning 12%

Power windows 3%

Deduct:

3spd manual transmission -10%

Manual steering -3%

Their values seem to reflect real world values and look about the same values that Old Cars Weekly reports in their price guide

Guest hausdok

Hi,

Well, the auction has ended and he had zero bids. Guess that's what he gets for putting it up without doing his homework and plunking a very unrealistic price on it. Let's see if he looks around a little bit and re-posts it with a more realistic reserve.

Mike O'Handley

Kenmore, Washington

hausdok@msn.com