Radiator inlet nipple

Guest AlexWeber

Guest AlexWeber

I'm not sure what to call it but the 'nipple' that the top hose connects to on my radiator has all but snapped off. I have about an inch to clamp the hose onto and it leaks coolant. Is there a way to replace just that nipple/side of the radiator or would it be easy to replace the whole thing?

89 coupe

Thanks again for any help.

Guest crazytrain2

Unless you bumped into it or happenned during a hose replacement it is usually a sign fg degredation of the plastic endcaps and will only get worse. Next thing you know it;s dripping from what looks like a loose hose clamp next thing you kno tightening the clamp wwill crsh whats left of the nioole, New ones cab be had ahrough RockAuto,com for about $90 delivered

Edited by crazytrain2 (see edit history)

ive fixed radiator cracks in tanks with jbweld and it held for years but that nipple goes through alot of stress having the hose on it. I'd replace it. Not worth the hastle of trying to fix it and faster than finding someone to replace the tank. Especially if its the original radiator i'd especially look into a replacement. Cost me less than $200 when i replaced mine. It started leaking at the tanks when it overheated