new 1930 pontiac coupe owner

Guest yelweb1948

Guest yelweb1948

need some advice here as to what i can do to rebuild the carburetor for my 30 coupe - where might I get a rebuild kit or who can rebuild one - I have two carburetors that would fit the car and both need work - thank you in advance for any info

Guest yelweb1948

marvel for both - but they don"t look the same - the one on the car has a summer/winter screw type adjustment on the bowl- the other one does not , but has a date of July 1913 on the bowl

Carbking would be the professional to contact.

I have a Marvel carb on my Pontiac. Couldn't get a needle and seat back in 1960 so I modified a then current one to work. Six or seven years ago my float started to fall apart and I made a new one our of sheet brass (took about three hours). I now have a couple of blocks of cork and am making an original cork style float. The biggist problem that I had was dirt/rust/whatever plugging up my primary jet. Cleaning the whole fuel system and installing a super fine filter solved those problems.

Contrary to the hooror stories that I hear about Marvel carbs, I have almost 500,000 miles on my Marvel and it still works fine.