Dodge 36 d2 Quarter Windows - Looking for frames

Guest peterjay

Guest peterjay

HI, I'm new to the forum. I'm looking for the metal frames that are used on the 1936 D2 rear quarter windows. I have the original glass but the metal that holds the the glass needs to be replaced. I'm also looking for the head liner and interior Door panels. If any one knows of a source for any of these parts please let me know. Thank you

Price seems high but I think they are what you need 6 hrs left and I dont see these often so hopefully this will help

Assuming these are same as 36 but better do some more research/..........110746166979

Peterjay, The rear qtr. window frames are very hard to come by so you almost have to take what comes up. There was a set on E-bay ,but everybody seems to want to get rich on every part. Way overpriced! Keep checking the Dodge Bros. "For Sale" section and maybe something will come up. Depending on how bad your frames are ,they may be able to be repaired. A good quality headliner and door panel material can be obtained at Restoration Specialties in PA. Their phone no. is 814-467-9842. They also carry the original type cage clips used on original door panels. You will have to make your own panels patterned after the originals. If you need help I have made these before and will be willing to give you any help. (814-322-4481) Good luck Jim

1930 - The garnish frames in 110746166979 look like they MAY be from a coupe. They are also from a '37 Model. (Wrong for the '36 application).

The '36 D2 4DR Touring Sedan is different than both of the hardtop coupes for '36 and also different than the 2DR Sedan OR Touring Sedan from '36. So peterjay, it would be well worth the time to make sure from which model the windows are from when you find the correct year.

Are you doing a full restoration or possibly a resto-rod? Fitment may depend on this factor also. Have fun! ;)

I currently am restoring a D2 Touring, and have an extra set of quarter window frames, they DO NOT have good locks but the frame and window galss frame are complete if that helps. I can send you picks if you want them.