1930 Packard Project

Guest River Pirate

Guest River Pirate

Hello everyone, my name is Jason. I have been observing the boards for a little bit, and thought I'd share my projects... I am doing two, at the moment. Both belong to my best friend, John and his family.

This first one was a barn find, back in the '60's. Then it was trailered to Costa Mesa and warehoused till the present. I think this is what we have...

1930 Packard ~ 4 door sedan ~ 403 series ~ Straight 8 w/ a manual trans ~ and a vinyl top presidential interior...

IMG_5759.jpg

IMG_5752.jpg

IMG_5734.jpg

IMG_5742.jpg

IMG_5743.jpg

IMG_5748.jpg

IMG_5751.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5733.jpg

IMG_5760.jpg

IMG_5744.jpg

IMG_5735.jpg

IMG_5741.jpg

Guest River Pirate
IMG_5743.jpg

That dragster engine is itching to just jump into to the Packard.;)

That engine is for the Top Fuel Hydro boat... X-Factor, which is now out of commission. I think it would rattle the Packard to pieces!!

Guest 1Packard

Helllo Jason and Welcome!

What you have there is Packard Model 726 with Body Style 403. 1930 was the 7th Series for Packard. I own this model and love it. There are currently some parts on Ebay from an apparent parts donor. Suspension, wheels, gas tank & radiator. Parts you don't normally find there. You have your work cut out for you, but it looks to be a pretty clean and dry little unit. It is a 127.5" wheel base with a 318 CID engine with 90 hp. There were 15,731 produced. Drives nice at 45 mph tops. It will do 50 plus but she is really winding at that speed. There is a 3 speed trans, 4 if you count the low low granny gear. Good luck! If you came here looking for help you will find it. This site has a bunch of great people!