Value of wicker picnic set???

TheMoneyPit

I had this above in the "Automotive Art" area, but there have been no responces so I thought to move it here...

Been a lot of years since I've made Hershey to check out the prices in the fine art tents, so I'll try this:

Here is an early Wicker Picnic set for 6 with all the accoutrements you could think of. It was sold thru Brooks Brothers in NYC and is marked on the inside as such along with a made in England label. All of the tableware and the tea pot is marked G.W.S.& S. and the knives also have "Sheffield Steel". The can opener is only marked ""Clipper" Best Sheffield Steel" but fits the leather too well to be a replacement and the alcohol stove & fuel container are unmarked. The glasses are graduated to fit into each other in two sets of 3 with the salt & pepper container in the center - all have rattan covering. The salt & pepper are not shakers - there are two small spoons in the case for the purpose. There are two stoneware containers marked "Butter" and "Preserves" with leather straps to hold the covers in place (one cover is chipped), and 3 covered enamel sandwich containers along with the plates, saucers, and cups - I have two other sets in the attic that I plan on playing musical chairs with the cups so that this one has a matching set of 6. The entire case has a slide bolt with a small padlock to hold it shut (with key), and a belt as well which may be more to hold it onto a running board than closed.

Does anyone know what these would be selling for these days?

Thanks,

Mark<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

post-31809-143138660573_thumb.jpg

post-31809-143138660575_thumb.jpg

post-31809-143138660578_thumb.jpg

What a neat and fun looking set. I have several of the same vintage but stove not included. My sets are in hard cases. I paid $120 for my last set , it fits on the running board. Your set looks nicer and more complete and worth more. I too was not able to get much information on these. If you have on extra set or want to part with this set I would very interested. It would look great with the 1931 Buick and very usable also.

Steve Fisher

I've gotten back answers from $200 to $1500 so far - one person thinks it could have real silver ware due to the hallmarking, but I'm not sure of that. I'm going to have to do more research before selling as I think it should sell around $1200 or thereabout. Looking at it now, shipping would not be either easy nor cheap.

Thanks,

Mark