What year is it Pre-War Studebaker fans?

Guest awnova

Greetings fellow antique car enthusiasts!

I just recently located and recovered the roadster my dad built from a rusted heap of metal in 1972. The body is from a 1920-something Studebaker, and I would really like to figure out which model and what year. My dad sold it in 1989 and then passed away in 1994 so I can't ask him.

There are a few things that might help... first and foremost, there was a compartment in the body on the passenger side just in front of the rear wheel that he filled with a wooden panel. There was a central vent up front (which probably doesn't help much) that you can see he also filled with a wooden panel. It had a rumble that is now a trunk and a unique turtle-back shape to the rear end. Are there any other angles that would help?

The pic of it clad in red and black is what it looks like now that we have it home!!!!

Any clues or suggestions would be great...

Thanks all!

awnova

post-76904-143138653016_thumb.jpg

post-76904-143138653019_thumb.jpg

post-76904-143138653022_thumb.jpg

post-76904-143138653024_thumb.jpg

It is a studebaker light six roadster. I can't see if the doors were suicide or conventional opening. If it had suicide doors it was 1922 or earlier. If the doors were front hinged it has to be 1923 or 24. The small door on the right side was the golf club door. You don't have any spare trunk hinges do you?? I am restoring at 1922 light six and need trunk hinges.