Another 1956 Buick Super decode question & advise?

Guest Dans Nailhead

Guest Dans Nailhead

Hello I bought a 1956 Buick Super a few years ago and am stuck in the middle of what direction I should go with the car. Make it my own? or go stock original? I'd like to know what factory original looks like exactly. I've been reading several other threads and notice everyone asks for a website to help decode their body tags, and I am believing that i am blind or there isn't one?. Id like to assume its all original but that would be retarded. Any advise from someone who has such info or could offer me a little guidance would be much appreciated, This will be my first resto. and post. Thanks, Dan

Body No. Bk 3134

Trim No. 533

Paint No. ccc Dover Dover Dover?

Acc. S

post-78737-143138650671_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dans Nailhead
oops! (see edit history)

Guest rsd9699

I am the middle of the road guy - I like stock drivetrains for ease of repair and power and non power accessories that were available but may not be on my car - like looking for lost treasure.

Car looks nice for its age!!!!!!!!!!

Some nice wire wheels to spiffy it up...

Ron

Guest Dans Nailhead

The more research I do on the car the more I want to change it. If it was a wagon or a something that they only made so many of I would lean towards all stock original. I'm seeing that they made over thirty thousand of these so I don't think custom paint and interior is really going to hurt. I will definately go with an original style interior. And id love to see some offy accessories on my nailhead! I think I'm going to go with a six shooter intake, and maybe some weber carbs. Another contemplation I have is the whole disc brake thing. Are these master cylinders that likely to fail? I'm almost positive its never been rebuilt and as of right now it stops the car pretty good.

Guest rsd9699

It is your car - do as you please.

Remember power comes at the expense of gasoline consumption.

On the paint, I would look at some of the older cars that have been repainted. There are some types of paint that high-light the distortions in the sheet metal worse than others. This is what catches my eyes first - the distortion and then the paint - usually metallics.

Ron