Doo-dahs for wheels

Guest Armchaero

Guest Armchaero

Hi,

I am new to Buick ownership so apologies if these questions are tiresome...

I need to get some of the iron lugs/clamps that hold the wheel and rim onto the 19" wooden wheels of a 1931 series 80 (8-86) five per wheel. Can anyone help? Also what is the compartment for to one side of the rear passenger seat? I also need part of the exhaust manifold that seems to divert partially to the carb. Probably best to get this made up? Thanks for any suggestions - especially the helpful ones!

post-78659-143138647525_thumb.jpg

Try here.

Terry Wiegand has a number of parts for sale as listed below for teens and early 20’s Buicks. All prices plus shipping. 210 East Avenue F, South Hutchinson, Kansas 67505-2038, Phone –(620) 665-7672, Email –terrywiegand@prodigy.net

1916/1923 Radiator Shell Enamel Emblems (2) – slight chipping but otherwise nice – $100.00 each. These are the correct sized emblems for these cars.

Jaxon Demountable Split Rim to fit 1922 Model 48 (2) – $75.00 each – Jaxon #27 – 34 x 4 1/2”

Jaxon Demountable Split Rim to fit 1919 Model K-46 – $50.00 – Jaxon #19 Rim – 33 x 4”

Single Flat Bar Front Bumper – will fit 1922 Model 48 complete with mounting brackets – asking $125.00 – Very Nice Condition.

Single Flat Front Bumper - will fit 1920 Model K-46 – asking $125.00 – Very Nice Condition.

Water Outlet Tube for 1923 Six-Cylinder Models – tube needs to be heavily plated and will make a pretty decent part – these are extremely scarce – $100.00

Kellogg Model 101 Engine Mounted Tire Pump – came off an early 1916 Buick 6-cylinder engine – make offer.

Have many ‘BUICK’ cast steel wheel rim wedges – call about your application – $5.00 each.Rear Wheel Hub Acorn Nuts (36) - This is enough for three cars, 24 of them have been stripped, polished, and replated in hard, decorative chrome. Asking $150.00 for a set of 12. The remaining 12 are original and will need to be replated. All of the nuts have 1/2”- 20tpi. Asking $100.00 for the set of 12 originals.

Armchaero,

Welcome and please don't be bashful about asking questions. That's part of the purpose for this forum....

31 Buick wheel lugs (sometimes called wedges) come up for sale on Ebay from time to time. I know of no reproductions commonly available.

The tube connecting the exhaust down pipe to the heat riser above the carburator is usually plugged (with freeze plugs) by most Buick owners. There is actually a tube within a tube to bring exhaust heat into and out of the heat riser. This device was designed to preheat and help atomize the fuel air mixture when gasoline was only slightly better than kerosene. Modern fuel typically does not require this and you car will actually run better without it.

You should also check the steel tube inside the heat riser for holes that would allow exhaust or just air to enter the intake manifold. This is a common problem in Buick engines and it will be hard to troubleshoot if you don't know what to look for..

Guest Armchaero

Thanks for the swift advice. I will get on the wedge trail and look at plugging the tube betwixt down-pipe and heat riser. If I get a new exhaust section made is it viable to remove the tube altogether?