1976 Buick Century w/Centenial Decals

I know what you're talking about but for my life I cannot remember what Buick called these cars. Had a bird- an eagle or a hawk, and seems like there was a reference to "Spirit" of something. It may have been part of the 1976 Pace Car replica package. <P>A few years back, a 76 Pace Car showed up in a local junkyard that was notorious for crushing. The car was complete except QuadraJet- the roof trim, spoiler, it was ALL there. I told the guy give me a day or two to call some Buick friends, and one of them drove two hours the next morning to get there when the place opened, and the sob had already crushed it. I've seen the guy crush- gets a wild gleam in his eye when he's doing it. His wife (the brains behind the bizness) would set aside pre 1975 cars in a special area, knowing she could sell to hounds like ourselves. She and the kids took off to the beach for a weekend, came back and this ass had gone in the pre-75 area and crushed over half of them the three days she was gone.<P>He also takes the crusher on the road. Several years back a garage about an hour from here called him to come pick up some cars, he put the crusher on the road and went to crush cars. Put a 1974 Plymouth in it and about time it was half flattened, the car's owner came out and asked him just what the hell was he doing. Turns out it had just been tuned up and was parked outside waiting to be picked up!

I think the centennial package was basically a tape-stripe kit available on the '76. I actually saw an NOS stripe kit at the swap meet at the BCA National in Danvers, MA several years ago. It is different than the Pace Car package.<BR>I may have pictures of a brochure showing the various cosmetic options for a '76. E-mail me for more info:<BR>adoldfield@aol.com<BR>alan Oldfield<BR>BCA #15140