Broke down in belton MO need water pump for a 401

Guest mtn

Just want to say a big thanks to Ed AKA Rivnut for all your help come up to St Joe for a lunch or dinner on me !!

Thanks again

Mitch

WTG Ed!!! RivNut to the rescue!!!

As a side note I thought others might find helpful........From my experience, I've found that The chain parts stores, NAPA, Auto Zone, O'Reillys, etc.,often show that they don't stock different parts like water pumps, starters, etc, or they give you the wrong part(usually for a later model 400) when you specify the 401 engine. I've had much better luck locating these items if I specify the 425, since all the accessory items are the same on both engines. Anyone else experience the same thing?

Art Bohn

ROA#12350

WTG Ed!!! RivNut to the rescue!!!

As a side note I thought others might find helpful........From my experience, I've found that The chain parts stores, NAPA, Auto Zone, O'Reillys, etc.,often show that they don't stock different parts like water pumps, starters, etc, or they give you the wrong part(usually for a later model 400) when you specify the 401 engine. I've had much better luck locating these items if I specify the 425, since all the accessory items are the same on both engines. Anyone else experience the same thing?

Art Bohn

ROA#12350

Not with the 401 vs. 425 issue since I've got a 425 but I had Napa come through for me with overnighting a pump to Peoria, IL then delivering the pump, coolant, and sealant to me at the hotel where I swapped the pump in the back parking lot after my pump exploded on Power Tour 07. Honestly I've had the coolest most helpfull folks at an example of every chain store and the worst folks at others. If I get stuck I try every store in town then beat the bushes for a mail in replacement.