62 Special Wagon...show me yours!

Guest maudsley

Guest maudsley

Took our new 62 out for the weekend, and it was pretty popular at the cruise ins. This is Meg's new car and though she didn't drive it on the open road, she did cruise the closed industrial park roads to get a feel for the brakes and steering. She would love to see other pics of 61's 2's and 3's if you are willing. The 135 HP fireball 6 is pretty cool looking! We had a nice time in our new Buick. Unfortunatly we were out of town for the meet in Danvers, and we live close too.

Thanks, David and Meg

post-69642-143138630027_thumb.jpg

post-69642-143138630033_thumb.jpg

post-69642-143138630037_thumb.jpg

post-69642-143138630041_thumb.jpg

Love it. I'm almost crying though when you imply I could have seen it in person in Danvers.

This wagon is almost the epitome of a great car. Having cargo capacity, it is practical, with the V6, it is unusual for the era and quite fuel efficient (granted the 215 was as well), and it is a model so rarely seen that you are always going to attract attention.

Good luck with it. If you search the Me and My Buick forum, I believe there is an older thread detailing my '62 Special convertible. If I can make the time, I'll see if I can find it and link it in for you.

I guess maybe not...it is mentioned here.

There is also here - the "after" link is still with the old white top.

Unfortunately, mine has developed an issue with reverse (clutch pack) in the dual path transmission, so it has been sitting for a while. I have a rebuild kit for the tranny, but haven't been able to get it loaded up and to a transmission shop yet...the way this summer is going, it may need to wait until next spring.

Guest maudsley

Derek, Don't worry, I didn't have the Buick at the time of the Meet in Danvers, but I live so close, I was very excited to hear it was coming there. And equally saddened when at last minute we had to change plans and head to New York country. I did see some pictures here on this site. The chances that anything National, and requarding cars, coming to Massachusetts again is probably pretty remote....b ut the Red Sox won the World Series 2 times lately, so, maybe lightning will strike again! The Buick is an aquisition for my wife, as the others are from 28 and 33, and she would not drive them even out of the driveway. I am loving it, as I too like to go faster than 35. Bummer about the transmission in the white top,, that is a worry for me too. It seems to shift well, so hope it continues. I saw all the pics of your cars, very nice, thanks for posting. And yes, I will be joining the BCA, in addition to the 5 other clubs I belong to!

David & Meg