Rocker length

Rosiesdad

Hey Guys,

I purchased a replacement outer rocker panel for a "Buick 50-70 series 1950 Buick 2 door". I got the panel which is 48" long.

Is this the correct length? I was under the impression that the convertibles and 2 door models used one that is around 42" in length.

I'm talking about the single piece just beneath the door rather than the entire rocker side that is also made up of the lower rear fender.

thanks,

Phil

Hopefully. Did you see the video Eastwoods put out on their advertisement for a Stretcher/ Shrinker? It shows formation of such a curve and starts with a straight piece of metal, with 90 degree bends on each end. Then the shrinker is employed along the length of the short 90 degree bend, effectively curving the straigh piece of metal across it's length. Then the one end was cut off and welded to another piece formed for recreating the wheel well opening.

The point being, If you are welding this into an existing body you probably have to cut off the end where it attaches to the rear quarter panel and then weld it together. My 56 has no seam at the rear quarter panel/ rocker panel so I would think the extra length is meant for the user to custom fit the part to their individual car.