Oil sender unit for '90 TC

Joe47

Has anyone changed the oil sending unit on a '90 3.0 TC? I've done the unit on an '89 which is easy to find . For the '90 the book lists a combo temp and sending unit but where is it? My dash gauge shows pressure but falls off after the engine is hot. As I accelerate the needle does move up but slightly. :confused: Joe47

Guest StudeDude 01

Joe---to answer your question, the oil pressure sending unit is screwed into the flange above the oil filter. Based on your post, the dash gauge sounds like it's normal---it would normally fall off when the oil heats up to operating temperature. Higher RPMs would cause the needle to move up slightly. When was the last oil change? If it has been a while, change the oil and filter and see if the gauge acts differently.

Oil and filter just changed . It just seems odd that the reading is so low when the oil is hot. I understand that the gauge is not very accurate and a true reading with a portable guage would give the correct reading . By the way, I did find the unit by a picture in the red book in the wiring diagrams. Thanks for the input.