Filler Cap President FH 1929

Guest Beat Emch

Guest Beat Emch

Dear Madams and Sirs,

Since 2007 I am the proud owner of a Studebaker President FH with straight 8 cylinder engine from 1929.

Unfortuantely there are some issue to be fixed and I am just wondering, whether or not there is somebody out there who could help me.

I am watching out for

1 or better 2 vacuum windshield whipper motors

a working gas tank gauge integrated into dash, working with I do not have a clue at all

a filler cap for the gas tank or drawings allowing me to have one reproduced

instruction manual at least as a copy

Looking forward to reading soon from somebody.

Beat Emch,

Switzerland,

+41 79 655 87 15

I agree, if the rebuiding service can provide you with a reproduction casting, I'd go with

it, as most any original unit will be in poor or worse condition. You can often find the

windshield wiper drives in the Antique Studebaker Review magazine. As to the fuel cap,

I'm not sure what the original looked like for sure. However, an aftermarket Stant cap looks

okay and fits well. Just pick out the correct one. I have a '29 FH as well. Do you have the

correct cigar lighter? If so, I'd like to get a couple pictures and dimensions of it.

I do have some other spare parts...

There is no shop manual per se available for the '29. Mechanical repair manuals available

during that period and written by other companies, often cover Studebakers.

Joining the Antique Studebaker Club, if you have not already done so, will take care of problems.