1962 4 bbl Intake Manifold

Guest Kiwiolds

Guest Kiwiolds

I am looking for a 4 BBL Intake Manifold for a 1962 Oldsmobile 98, with the Skyrocket 394. Can anyone help. The car I have has had a 2 bbl put on it and I believe that I need to replace both the carb and the Intake manifold.

I have found one on ebay but am not sure along with the seller if it is the correct one. The link is below. Can any one help.

580677 Oldsmobile Iron 4 Barrel BBL V8 Intake Manifold | eBay

580667 is most likely a casting number, not a part number. I have no way to turn a casting number that old into a part number. I know nothing about date coding on intakes of this age. What he says sounds like it could be correct.

What I can tell you definitely is that '57 4bbl had one part number, '58 4bbl had a different part number, and '59 through '62 shared another different part number. You need a manifold that is definitely off of a '59 to '62 394. I think deck height or cylinder head angle have something to do with why a 371 intake won't fit on a 394.

Paul

Guest rsd9699

I am a little curious. The 98 never came with a 2 barrel. So this suggests that the engine is not original? You should verify that the block, heads will match up prior to ordering. Otherwise you could end up with a great desk paper weight.

Also how did you solve your frame problem?

Ron