74 TRIM PIECE REAR BUMPER

RICK YOUNG

• 3 weeks later...
Guest maxmugsy.john@gmail.com

Hi there - My name is John and I live in New Jersey in the USA and I recently purchased a 1974 Buick Riviera GS Stage 1 with expiramental air bags in the steering wheel and dashboard which were rare factory options that were offered for 3-4 months and nobody wanted them so it was dropped. In 1973 Chevy let 1000 Impala's "escape" with airbags to test the water's and it dropped. In 1974 GM took the Riviera's, Toronado's, Electra's, Ninety Eight's and some Cadillac's and sent out less than 300 combined to again test the waters. The option failed. They also did some in 1975 then finally dropped it. I do not have this car yet as I must get it shipped from the other side of Pennsylvania to my house whenever that will be but the rear filler you talk about is missing from the rear of my car. Cannot find anyone in Hemming's Motor News or Old Cars Weekly that carry for that year. How much do you want for this part?? I understand about shipping as I used to work for Kanter Auto Products here in Boonton, N.J. maybe you have heard of them. This car has the higher horsepower 455V8 engine 255 vs 210 base horsepower. It has a heavy duty chassis, rear optional sway bar and a posi rear in it. The car is fully loaded except for sunroof and tilt wheel due to airbag setup. Also has bucket seats and a console and a chrome air cleaner. So for all I know this may be the last surviving copy unless a museum has one. Please respond back to me. I await your reply.

Thank you,

John A Wettengel

P.S. according to a junkyard near my house there are only 9 of these cars around this country.

John,

Did you open the link to Replica Plastics? Although they are not pictured, they show all pieces for your car. Replica plastics is in Alabama. These are fiberglass items. If you're a member of the Riviera Owners Association, there's an article in a recent issue that discusses installation of these. There are also vendors in the classified section of the ROA's magazine that are advertising these.

www.rivowners.org for membership information.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 75RivGS

P.S. according to a junkyard near my house there are only 9 of these cars around this country.

Is it the 74 Riviera GS w/ACRS that was for sale in Eugene, OR??