83 XX Pace car replica - !!!

sosuzguy

Guest LoneStarRiviera

Thanks Jayson! When I search on eBay for "Buick Riviera XX", the auction doesn't appear in my search results, so I appreciate this heads-up.

Guest LoneStarRiviera

I called the eBay seller in Decatur IL. Apparently he is selling it for a friend of his who is getting married. The seller described it as "new" even though it has 48,100 miles. My '84 convertible has less miles on it and I certainly couldn't describe it as 'new'!!!!!!

It looks like a nice car and sosuzguy is right, the antenna had better work for that price!

Ed a few years ago with all the additional cars showing up that were suppose to be this and that kind of car surrounding that Indy 500 one I tried to interview all of these places that had or I heard had them. I was going to write an article on them and any updated info that I may have uncovered. That was the rudest people I had ever dealt with. The only one that was accommodating was the Sloan Museum. The project went by the way side due to zero cooperation. I tried! They all acted like I was trying to get blue prints to the building to steal the cars even after I'd said I was I was trying to do. The most shocking was the curator at a certain racetrack!

Edited by sosuzguy (see edit history)

Guest Lone_Star_Reatta

Well, the eBay auction for this Pace car replica ended yesterday and surprise surprise, the reserve was not met. I was headed to STL for a business trip, so I tacked on an extra few hours and drove to Decatur where this car is stored.

All I can say is WOW, what a beauty. Even though it has over 48,000 miles on it, it's obviously has been well cared for. The current owner is owner #3 (and a ROA member) and is a big time collector of Indy Pace Cars and associated memorabilia. The car is very clean and all original however the security system looked after market.

In my opinion, the giant windshield sticker promoting "1 of 1" is over kill.