Please help...information needed

Guest patonyfan

Guest patonyfan

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and come in search of information which i hope someone here can help me with.

I just recently came across a

1952 Cadillac colors and Upholstery sample book

and was trying to get whatever information i can on it.

From what i have found so far, these were given to some dealers and were normally gotten rid of at the end of the year?? I haven't been able to find any info on this book in particular but did come across a 1956 Continental book that sold for over $8500.

Is there anyway to set a value on this? Does the fact that it is the Golden Anniversary model book increase its value. I would be interested in any information at all on this item.

I also came across the same type of book for 1951 Oldsmobile as well so any info on that would also be appreciated.

My apologies if i posted this in the wrong place and look forward to any information i may be able to get.

Mike

Hi, yes they are collected, but the Lincoln example is for a VERY EXPENSIVE car when it was new, that was not a run of the mill Ford product. I have a collection for pre war caddy stuff, and post war items are much more common. That being said, the upholstery book is the hardest item to come up with. My guess would be 200.00 on a ebay sale, with higher prices being asked, but seldom reached. I think the olds sample would bring half the Cadillac, but you never know. List it on ebay, then post the auction number on the Cad_LaSalle and aaca fourm, it will sell.... at fair market price.

Well, I sold a 1941 Cadillac upholstery book for 2900.00 10 years ago, and 30's samples can run up to 10,000.00 for the right one. The market is very strong for the very rare dealer items for the big cars.

Guest patonyfan

Thanks all for your inputs. I will be posting the book along with a few others i got from an estate on ebay soon.

Thanks again for any and all input i appreciate it

Mike

Thanks all for your inputs. I will be posting the book along with a few others i got from an estate on ebay soon.

Thanks again for any and all input i appreciate it

Mike

A followup report on the final ebay sale price(s) would be of immense interest. It would assist all of us in knowing what the market is willing to pay.