41 Continental Conv detail needed

Highlander160

Hey guys and gals, We're in the middle of a top for a 41 LC conv. I'm having a bit of trouble getting my head around how the back window gets secured at the rear main bow. One car I looked at simply had some "hard" material sewn in at the window panel and some of the same covered at the back of the main bow. In my mind's eye I see a need for 5 or 6 Murphy type fasteners to carry the wgt of the glass and fabric panel as well as the 2 straps. I've got a fairly good idea of what it should be and every conv pi I find has that area just out view:(. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I just had my top finished but I doubt a photos of the interior will do much good as I believe all of what you are looking for is hidden. You might try calling the business that did my top, Taylored Trim in New Philidelphia, Ohio 1-330-343-6835, ask to speak with Jan and maybe he can be of assistance.

A proper Lincoln top does not have the welt at the rear bow and there is indeed a stiffining plate that is attatched to the rear bow to support the top in that locaton.

If you do need the photos let me know and I'll take some and send them you way.

Tom