WANTED GAS TANK 1940 S[ECIAL CENTURY

palbuick

Guest Curt Fouse

Hello. Good luck with the tank. If you don't turn up anything, I will look and see what I have. I am thinking I had 3 when I done my 41 Century 4-door. Naturally I used the best one on the 41. Right now I am a little under the weather which is 3 inches of new snow and not throught yet.<P>Happy hunting, Curt BCA 7013

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, not off hand, but believe it is in the neck only. Of course that's welded on, so you'd have to do some modifications...but I believe the tank itself was the same stamping (more or less) for quite a few years. Haven't looked it up in the parts book yet. I think I still have an NOS 39 tank up in the rafters of the barn, so maybe I could get that out and check it against the 41's. If the tank stampings were the same on the 39 and 41 that would prove it was in the neck. (no, the 39 tank is not for sale)<P>The 41's are in another barn I rent, and won't have a chance to get there until Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

Jim -<P>I was planning on getting out to my other barn over the weekend, but wasn't able to make it. Will try one night this week, since the daylight is starting to get longer.<P>Dan

• 2 weeks later...

There is a bigg difference between 40 and 41 gas tanks, 40's are more rectangular than 41's(more of a square shape). I got a nice sealed 40 tank from Doug Seybold(440-835-1193)