Grey Seats

farnelle

I have some pretty good grey seats for sale if someone would like to make an offer. They are 16 way seats that came from my 89 Reatta. The passenger seat is very good. The driver seat has a split in the thigh bolster that is about 4" long and there is a slight amout of wear on the left side of the seat back. These seats are not in perfect condition, but would be an excellent low cost replacement for someone who has bad seats. The driver side bolster could be easily recovered and should not cost much to do. If you are interested, send me a private email.

Guest Kingsley

Just as general information to everyone, the shipping of seats, in tact, is not the bear that it might appear to be. On two occasions, have shipped or received tops that were packaged nicely in heavy weight corrugated boxes measuring 24"x24"by 36". Takes a lot of package padding to make a proper shipping unit but it does work. Have even experienced shipment by Greyhound bus and, properly padded, it arrived in excellent condition.

Final package for one seat will be 12 cubic feet and weigh approximately 135 pounds or so with the latter figure dependent upon the "stuffing" materials.

I am sure that there are other appraoches but just put this one out for starters. I know Rawja has some good alternative ideas.

Edited by Kingsley
Typo (see edit history)

I know Rawja has some good alternative ideas.

I've shipped 16-ways before. The seatbacks and bases easily come apart to make for smaller boxes. The power bases are the same for the 6 and 16-way and they constitute most the weight you can get away with omitting them or ship the bases alone in individual flat-rate boxes. If you want to ship a complete un-dissembled unit, wardrobe boxes from U-Haul are just about perfectly sized and are plenty sturdy.