BCA Judging-Exterior colors

Guest gossir00

Guest gossir00

The BCA Judging Manual lists exterior colors in the appendix.

For 1940 I cannot locate an exterior color that is listed in various other publications/documents. The color is Monterey Blue . This color is or was listed by the Rinshed-Mason Company (Detroit), the Ditzler Color Company (Detroit) and The Classic Car Database (Classic Car Database, Specifications, Dealers, Parts and Services for Antique Cars, Classic Cars, Vintage Cars and Muscle Cars).

Can someone who is in the know tell if Monterey Blue is a 1940 Buick exterior color and if so why it is not listed in the BCA Judging Manual?

Thanks

Rick I checked my 1928-46 Parts manual.

It shows Monterey Blue as a BODY LOWER PANEL and WHEEL COLOR for 551 Silver French Grey in 1940.

It does show Monterey Blue offered as a full body color in 1941.

Hope that helps.

Guest gossir00

Hi Brian,

Thanks--Then why does the BCA not list Monterey Blue? If you do not know, would you know who I could contact in BCA?

Regards

If I interpret it properly, Ditzler only listed it as the bottom colour for paint code 551 - see Color Chip Selection.

Paint code 551 is what my '41 Special is. It isn't listed as a '41 colour scheme, but it could have been ordered...that is what is on the body plate.

As for the judging manual, mistakes happen. I am sure it was created on the best available information, which may not have been perfect nor complete in the first place.

Guest gossir00

Derek,

The BCA Manual, page 44 in appendix, has an error which I pointed out to Chief Judge Oldfield. For 1940 paint code 551 should read upper body color "french silver grey" and lower body color " Monterey Blue"