Joy ride

Guest dokks6t9

Guest 34ACD
I took my 1929 Studebaker President out for a joy ride today. Just got it back on the road after spending the last 3 years rebuilding the chassis. Saving for a paint job.

Mark, glad to see you're up and running again. I always loved those red and green running lights on your President.

Thank you for the kind comments. The past 3 years have been full of frustration with those rare moments when occasionally something goes right. Mostly, everything had to be redone 3 or 4 times in order to get it right.

34ACD – is this your brown convertible sedan parked between two 1929 Studebaker Presidents in the picture below? If so, drop me an email, we need to find an excuse to go for another drive.

post-30688-143138505526_thumb.jpg

Guest 34ACD
If so, drop me an email, we need to find an excuse to go for another drive.

Mark, I had a thought... I've been a docent at the California Auto Museum (formerly Towe) for about 4 years. Anyway, the new docent class is graduating on May 14, a Saturday, and they have a "show and shine" for people to bring their cars that morning with a pot luck lunch following the short graduation ceremony. I am sure your Studebaker President would make a big hit and most of the people there will not have seen it before (or my Auburn for that matter). Maybe we could meet in Galt, and caravan up River Road to the museum. It's a nice drive along the levee that wouldn't take more than an hour.

I could get the word out and I would bet a number of CAM members would like to meet up with us in their cars in Galt and make the caravan an event. Email me and we can see if that sounds like a plan. Does you brother still have the blue President Touring car that is in the foreground in the photo?

My apologies to the original poster for high-jacking this thread but your joy ride seems to have inspired us out in Northern California.

Edited by 34ACD (see edit history)