1930 Virginia License Plate Pair

I'm looking for one pair of 1930 Virginia license plates to use and register on a car in Virginia. Must be in very good condition. Thanks!

Edited by hursst (see edit history)

Guest 57chevyconvert

I have a pair of 1930 Va plates - - never been mounted on a car - #166453 -

1 needs to have the orange painted. I can Email pix if you're really interested. asking $300

540-879-9624 Lou Spicer

Keep checking on ebay "1930 VIRGINIA LICENSE PLATE" Sooner or later they will show up. There is one (1) Virginia 1930 plate on now at around $25. I have located plates for most of my car collection on eBay and sometimes find some real good plate numbers. I check for my needed plates about once a week. You can also check on Google, as there are many who sell plates.

In Ohio we are required to have only one model year plate mounted on the rear of the car, but sometimes it is better to buy a pair (if available), as it is always possible that the other plate may have been registered previously by someone.

I am in the Youngstown, Ohio area and recently found 1939 plate number "Y-1" on ebay for under $20. It was in decent shape, but is being restored with original white background and blue lettering. Plates are not hard to restore - just glass bead them and spray primer, and then the base color on both sides. Allow to dry and then spray over top of the base color with a few coats of clear coat (available in aerosol). After a few days, it is not too difficult to paint the letters with an artist brush, or you can send the plate to an artist for this. You can later spray more coats of clear coat over top of the finished product and it will look like baked enamel.

Lou, thanks for the reply. I think that's a little out of my price range, especially if one needs painting, but thank you anyway.

Fred, yes I've been scanning ebay daily, but I need a pair, not a single for VA. I restored a torn-up 1920 PA plate and it came out so-so. It's a little pitted and my painting is average at best, but looks WAY better than the rusty bent hulk it was before. I'll keep searching. Thank you.

-Chris