What is it? From C.M. Hall Lamp Co.

Guest Lady TS

Guest Lady TS

Dh received this from his grandmother years ago, and it was given to her by her brother years and years before that. No one knows where he got it from(I think he did a lot of auctions) or what it is.

Every search I do pulls up this forum, and I'm not finding information anywhere else as to what it is, so I decided to post it here and see what ya'll think.

Main composition is chrome and rubber. Measures approx. 11 inches minus the spring/cord thing.

Around the bolt head at the top, it says Patents Pending MfD by C.M. Hall Lamp Co Design by Theobald Trademark Detroit.

I'd take a closer pic of that, but my camera doesn't take up-close pics well at all.

The bolt is long and attaches to the bottom rubber thing, under which it says "FRONT" on the spring/rubbery thing with a screw on it side. On the opposite side of the bottom rubber thing, it has the letters FRP and there are 3 holes in which to bolt/screw it onto something. I took the bolt on top off and peered inside it through a bottom slit and it seems to be hollow inside. At least, it's definitely hollow inside the aerodynamic-looking part. Not sure about the other end--can't get it apart(yet).

Pics011.jpgPics011.jpg?t=1298314945

So...any ideas/insight?