67 Dodge Dart, 225 Slant Six

Guest cozmo

could you tell me how to verify that it is? I had a friend look at it and he gave me these specs. thank you. New to this whole thing - was grandmas car and I'm not into cars but would like to sell it and for a fair price but have no idea evidentally how to determine it.

could you tell me how to verify that it is? I had a friend look at it and he gave me these specs. thank you. New to this whole thing - was grandmas car and I'm not into cars but would like to sell it and for a fair price but have no idea evidentally how to determine it.

Does it actually say "GT" on it anywhere? The engine should say the size on the air cleaner.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Nope. Doesn't seem to. I'm going to change the title of the ad. - how embarrassing. Oh well. Do I get slack for being a girl?

Do not be embarrassed...we all learn on this site. And yes...we will cut you some slack because of the "girl" thing. I know I will get into trouble for saying that.

270? Ok. Is there some kind of publication I can refer to get the details correct and to determine fair market value? How much do think its worth? I have a friend back east who runs a body shop and asked me what I wanted for it.

Guest Hartfordland

Hi Cozmo, it looks to be a nice original 270. I had a '66 (last year of the previous body style) and the interior is remarkably similar. I think throwing it out there at 5 grand is not at all unreasonable. Hopefully it will find another good home quickly. I bought mine for $100.00 in 1979 (before I even had my license) and drove it through college. My dad finally made me sell it cause it was such a rust bucket. I bought it with 100K on the odo, the odometer broke two years in at 133K and I drove it three more years so the thing was probably closing in on 175K when I sold it. Got $500.00 for it! Good luck!

Edited by Hartfordland (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
Guest studibaker

the easy way to tell which dart you have is look to the right of the glove box. if it is a 270, it will say "dart 270".

some places to try to sell them are ebay, classiccars.com, autotrader classics.

i'm almost ready to post my 67 dartn270 as well.