1979 Riviera 79k mi. perfect body, Tx car

Pete Phillips

I have made this car dependable for daily driving and saved it from a worse fate, so now is time to sell it. $1650 or best offer. 79,000 miles, 350 Oldsmobile V8 runs perfectly, car has most of its original paint except for right rear quarter. No rust and no dents, body is perfect, chrome is gorgeous, no pitting anywhere. Leather interior needs some repair on front seat. I have the original driver's leather seat or I have installed a velour gray seat from a 1984 model, and I have the gray passenger seat, too. So take your choice on the seats--they all go with the car.

Here is what I have done: New fuel pump, new alternator, new power window switch and door lock switch in driver's door, new fuel pump hoses, new lower radiator hose, one new fan belt, new headliner. Other work in the past year by previous owner includes new battery, new brake rotors & pads, new water pump, two new front tires, new power steering hoses, new cruise control module under the hood, and rebuilt transmission (so they told me, I can't prove it but it does shift nicely and does not leak). Car has the wire wheel covers, tilt and telescopic steering wheel, automatic climate control (seems to be working, but weather is too cold to tell much about the A/C), a recent Sony Am/Fm/CD player that works well, carpeted trunk, power steering, brakes, door locks, windows, etc. The power seat is not working so you have to adjust that manually or get a new power seat motor. Car needs little things like dome light lens, transmission quadrant indicator repair, etc. Drives and runs perfectly, currently licensed and inspected, so I think you could drive it home any distance. Paint has a few chips consistent with 32 years old, but not bad at all. I have the shop manuals that go with the car. Clear Texas title.

Price will go up if I do more work on it. One thing I know it needs is valve cover gaskets.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas (60 miles NE of Dallas)

post-32059-143138424522_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138424554_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138424601_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138424648_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pete Phillips
typo. (see edit history)