My Buick past

Guest Jstbcausd

Guest Jstbcausd

I thought of making this post after reading the post in regards to the '73 Regal and what got me was the part of the story of how he said at 2 his dad let him stand on his lap and steer the wheel. Now I am sure many of you know my father John DeFiore and I wanted to to make this post so to pay respect and love to him for teaching me the greatness that Buicks display. I think my favorite thing he ever said about Buicks is that they're meant to be driven slow so people can admire them, he is still a man of few words but they do always have substance and worth behind them. So here in pictures is my Buick past and hopefully future. Love you dad.

I also currently own a 2000 Regal LSE of which I don't really have any pics of, esp since it is white and with all this snow I keep losing it, lol. As for the future part the first picture is of me a few months old behind the wheel of his "56 Super, so even though my baby brother thinks it's going to be his someday, I have a four year head start on him, lol.

post-42667-143138421733_thumb.jpg

post-42667-143138421741_thumb.jpg

post-42667-143138421749_thumb.jpg

post-42667-143138421757_thumb.jpg

post-42667-143138421769_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jstbcausd (see edit history)

Guest 827GFZ73

Thank you Jstbcausd, for posting this heartfelt article and for sharing with us your feelings toward your Dad. I thoroughly enjoyed your vintage photos, especially the one with you behind the wheel of the '56. This one is priceless! I had the privelege of corresponding with your Dad, John, a few times via this forum and had the opportunity to learn something about your wonderful grandparents. Your Dad is a great guy. Filial piety seems to be hereditary!

Joe

New BCA Member

1973 Buick Regal

Thanks JR. I appreciate the post.

BTW folks, that green 69 was our first foray into body work. Justin got a job at a friends body shop and while he worked there we had the opportunity to sand, straighten, patch and replace parts on this car, which was my sisters first car. When we finally got tired of the background work the body shop owner painted it for him. We did have one of his workers rub out the paint and we spent a few hours replacing all the brake lines and some other mechanical things as well. Lastly we threw on those Buick Rallyes and new tires. That really was a nice car till two weeks later when his friend rear ended it in Rochester.

Oh well.