1951 Buick

Guest thethirstymoose

Guest thethirstymoose

I'm so happy I found this site! I have a '51 buick with about 64,000 miles, runs great, I have had the car since 1986 and absoultly love it, when I drive it people look at me like " wow did that thing fall off of the moon" it's funny to see people's reaction. The only think I have never been able to figure out with this car is the dyna flow transmission has always leaked. I have had the best in the business look at this and have never been able to fix it, about 3 years ago I took it to Mel at Don's garage, supposedly the best, he took it apart, resealed everything and it still leaks......so I don't know maybe I have to deal with it. The car is all original, I did repalce the seats because they were really starting to tear from old age. This car will be 60 years old this year, and will easily make it to 100 years, can a car made today do that? I have the 4 dr. sedan hard top, green, the bumpers are a little knicked up. maybe someday I'll have them re chromed, anyone who knows about these cars know there is a lot of chrome to re do...so if anyone out there wants to make a chrome donation, I'll put it to use.

Guest thethirstymoose

Does anybody know where I might be able to pick up some new engine decals? Years ago I got some, but I never got a complete set. Let me know if you know

Guest my3buicks
Does anybody know where I might be able to pick up some new engine decals? Years ago I got some, but I never got a complete set. Let me know if you know

As noted above, drop down to the Buick forum and ask away That's where the Buick guys hang out.