1931 Running Board Matting

Guest broker-bob

Guest broker-bob

Last night I was informed that a rubber matt I have been selling for mopar is the exact patern for 31 to 33 packard standard 8s see linque Northfield Ltd. he has just reduced his price to $ 625 for the set I can do much better ---------- good quality can send samples see pictures below sent to me as a packard board I am not an expert so make shure---picture on preceding post is my product--- E mail me at bobnroman@yahoo.com

post-63841-143138384066_thumb.jpg

post-63841-143138384075_thumb.jpg

Edited by broker-bob (see edit history)

Hi Bob,

I will be in need for rubber matting for my '31 and was shocked on the prices some of the other places are asking. I was thinking of just going to a home store and buying a roll of the rubber matting they use for like entry ways of stores etc.

Yours look really close if not identical to mine. What is your asking price if I may ask?

• 2 years later...
Guest KatesKustoms

I am also looking for some matting for a project I am working on. Hopefully something a bit different than the usual Ford ribbed design or the normal "pyramid" design. I need two pieces 9 !/4 " X 42 1/2' PLease include approximate price if you have anything that might fit my needs.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it is true that our 1931-33 Packard runningboard mats are more expensive than your off the shelf rubber--the reason being that our mats are CAST URETHANE which will outlast rubber 4 times. Urethane looks EXACTLY rubber but will not scuff, nick or dull. The raw materials alone cost more than a pair of your mats not to mention the 20K it cost to make the molds. THAT'S WHY they cost $625 (by the way, we have never reduced our prices to compete with inferior products). Rand Broadstreet/Northfield Ltd.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest superods

broker -len.......If I understand you correctly...... the difference in price between your rubber mats and and Northfields cast urethane is $450.00 ? If that's the case, I am in. Have sent you an email prior to reading all post replies for pricing. Please let me know how to proceed if my interpretation is as stated. Thanks....mike