Antenna Options

Guest TheShadow87

Guest TheShadow87

Back in October I got into some slight trouble with a ditch and a barbed wire fence and my back right got scratched and my antenna...well...it was ripped out. I think the motor is ok, but I'm wondering what my options on a replacement antenna are. I've seen new ones for as cheap as $15, and I'm not really concerned about the integrity of the antenna, since I found the original one to have mediocre quality and well, it's an antenna. In fact, I'll opt for a new one if it can get better reception.

Guest Richard D

I replaced my power antenna with one from this company,

glgdirect@comcast.net or call 770-781-5658 ask for Gary.

The antenna I received was black anodized (black Reatta)he also has stainless masts, the antennas are made by Hirshmann and come with a no question one year warranty. He also sent the adapter cable that goes from the GM connector to the antenna. The whole thing was less than $60.00 including shipping. Non anodized are less expensive. Took about 5 minutes to install and it runs silently.

Guest Double M

I simply put in a $9.99 from Auto Zone, A Rubber Ducky, non powered type and it works great and fits my budget.

The Electric one was also an aftermarket, the motor works, but the antennae doesnt come up...