Help.

Guest 95parkav

Guest 95parkav

I have a 1995 Buick Park Avenue and can't get the driver's seat completely up. The local Buick dealer wouldn't touch it. Any advice? I'll drive anywhere in the country to connect with someone who can do the job.

Guest Jim_Edwards
I have a 1995 Buick Park Avenue and can't get the driver's seat completely up. The local Buick dealer wouldn't touch it. Any advice? I'll drive anywhere in the country to connect with someone who can do the job.

Sounds like a rather simple problem. May just be a lubrication problem but more than likely the motor and/or transmission for that motor has died. They are easy to replace once the seat is out of the car.

Of course your easiest bet may be to find a known working seat base from a salvage yard or ebay. There may be a number of years of Buick seats, maybe even those for other GM brands, compatible with your car then all required is just to swap the whole assembly out.

Jim

Does the car have a memory seat? That might be part of the problem? A simple item that I would look for would be to get under the seat and make sure that there is not something stuck under the seat that would not let the seat travel the full amount. If it moves part of the way but not all, would look for an obstruction. Sounds silly, but I have see that before. ;) Favorites are parts of kids toys, etc....